Step-by-step: How to open a user account
- In the Login block (at left), there are two authentication options:
• If you are a member of the UMass Amherst community, click Login with OIT Net ID.
• If you are NOT a member of the UMass Amherst community, click Login with Google (you must already have an account on google.com).
- In the login page that opens, enter your username and password for UMass Amherst or Google, accordingly.
Note: The first time you log in, the Edit profile page opens. You must complete the following steps to set up your account.
- Fill out the required fields in the Edit profile page (email and town). You may also want to upload a personal icon that will display in forum discussions (optional).
Note: interests and other optional information will not be available to fellow students.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Profile. A new page will open telling you to check your email.
- Go to your email and open the message from UMass OPEN Admin.
(If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, click the back button in your browser to return to and check the address you entered.)
- Click the URL sent in the message, or copy and paste it into your browser. A confirmation page opens in a new browser tab.
- On the confirmation page, click Continue. Your Edit profile page will re-open.
- IMPORTANT! On the Edit profile page, scroll down and click Update profile. Your Profile page will open indicating that setup is complete.
- To join your course, click Home (top left), then follow the directions to join a course: How to Enroll in your Course.
Last modified: Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 10:09 AM